Monday, July 29, 2013

A slice of my life on a Monday afternoon...

We made it through "room time" today with minor interruptions, but relatively peacefully. I celebrated with a quick trip to the library to return dvds and a treat stop at Food Lovers on the way home. Much excitement!

We entered with good behaviour which rapidly escalated to skipping small boy (picture FL staff dodging the man child while carrying all sorts of items and pushing pallets of pineapples). A stop at the olive oil station was delicious and slowed the Lukester down as he has a "thing" for olives. Then a skip past the beef on special (think red wine and slowly simmered stew tonight), a taste at the biltong counter, and a straight line into the cafe to the sushi bar (sorry, chef Leo, you were entertainment value, not sushi soux chef).

We negotiated a split choc shake - slurps in stereo, and big thank yous to the smiling ladies who know me well.


Home again (jiggidy jig) and beef was browning as I opened the tinned tomatoes, shook my hand and WHAM... SLICE... one thumb looking a bit diced. Ow!  Pressure on, at least 3 teaspoons of blood, and my daughter playing nurse. Ok, maybe 2 teaspoons. Some red wine for the stew, and a good slug for me to take the edge off. Mmm.

I weaved my way out to find some rosemary in the back garden, and looked into my bedroom to find Luke washing my window from the inside with Jessica's detangling hairspray USING EMMA's BORROWED PANTIES! Comment from the small boy: "Uh oh, Mom saw me. Run, HIDE Jessica..."

I ask you? My window is now smelling like strawberries from a bottle that has an octopus on it. My floor is littered with hopscotch articles, my stew is thankfully simmering, and there are shouts of glee down the passage and banana skins... let me not mention the banana skins right now, shall I? I am hoping that the stains on the borrowed princess panties were (eek) from the princess herself 'cos soaking them in Omo is not working thus far.

Yip. This is Monday. Still got to do clean up, supper and bath. Friends coming to share stew too, but they are family (whew).  Ja right, being a stay-at-home mom is quiet and uneventful!

No comments: