Thursday, July 11, 2013

Our holiday thus far...



Week 1:
Luke – “yeah, soccer camp!! Which means chocolate milks after, jungle bars and o-tee bars to share with my friend Reuben during, and of course, sleeping in my Sporting Chance shirt each night! Love it!”
Jessica – “Holiday Club at the old church! Crazy hair day, pajama day, Anger Danger, Brad cut his hair off Mom” and “The other girls don’t understand that I know all about helicopters, they don’t!”
Cats – “Mornings are slumberous, but afternoons… we get picked up and loved and squeezed and chased. Yikes, it’s tiring!”
Mum – “Wake them up, feed them, wash dishes, drop them off… find something to do nearby for 120 minutes, fetch the small soccer star, find something to do for 90 minutes, drive to Rondebosch to collect Ms HC Girl, home for lunch, let cats out, let cats in, wash dishes, let cats out, clean house, let cats in, hang washing, get chased by cat, hang more washing, cat in, make (cat out-in-out-in) supper (out), bathtime (in), adult supper, wash dishes, feed cats, bed.
Adam - hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go...

Week 2:
Luke – “Play with Reuben, play with cars, play with Jessica, play soccer with dad at every opportunity, put things away, play games, wash hands, wash hands again, wash hands AGAIN PROPERLY TOP AND BOTTOM, eat food, wash hands, wash hands properly WITH soap…”
Jessica – “The Romans are coming! Tee hee hee! I’m hungry! LUKE! Mommmmmeeee! Let’s play cars. Where are we going? Can I have some? I’m hungry!”
Cats – Monday jump over wall into left neighbours property. Retrieved by Mum and neighbours kids. Tuesday jump over wall into back neighbours garden and meet tortoise then nearly get eaten by neighbour’s dog (learn how to double my size using fluff instantly), Wednesday fall into swimming pool and take an hour to dry out, Thursday investigate front of house and have to be retrieved from left neighbour’s front garden, Friday learn to chase a bouncy ball with Luke, Saturday kick cat litter all over bathroom. Sunday look cute so I can swipe chicken off the table.
Mum – “wash dishes, sell faulty dishwasher (sniff sob), drive, great visit to Scratch Patch/Salty Seadog  with Grandma and Craig, feed family, wash dishes, clean out kitty litter, pass out each night on hitting the pillow…”
Adam - hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go... And then come home to play soccer with the Lukester. I think he can rename his workplace "Spreadsheets R Us" quite aptly.
 
Week 3:
Luke gets another Sporting Chance day (hoorays and “I got 5 goals Mommy”), Granny arrives (yippee stories, games, the beach, ice cream, Green Point Park, dishwasher !! and Chinese takeout), kitties off for feline snips (after keeping me awake all of Wednesday night escaping from the bathroom thus have I devised a "sneaky plan" - aka Jessica terminology – which involves 3 door stops which we shall test when they return), Jessica gets to play on a beach and get soaked and sanded, Adam makes and paints 10 mini blackboards for the party as well as a kitchen lintel, Kerry gets disastrous flu on Wednesday but recovers enough on Thursday night to help paint blackboards and actually plan Miss J’s party activities while rejoicing at a client finally paying up. House still standing. Mostly… Internal bomb has exploded just in time for Grandad to arrive on Friday afternoon. Oops! 

And Madame has her 6th birthday party on Saturday, we collect the Po Cat and Miss Angel after, and then... tickets for the rugby at Newlands and a dinner out. I will feel all grown up without the small people for a few hours. Not that holidays were that long, really. 

Probably best quote of the holidays: "But Mommy, you hurt my feelings. You're going to make me cry!" said very earnestly by the small boy. In response to any situation in which the answer is no. Like... "Can I have some more ice cream" after not eating any supper, or "Can I sleep in your bed tonight?" or "I need it, you must buy it for me". 

And a few pics of course...

Orange smiles...

Late night blackboards!

Out in Simonstown with Grandma & Uncle Craig

Glendale beach for ice creams and shells (note Granny's fluffy slippers!)

Checking out the catch at Kalk Bay - looks like crayfish season is here!

Spot the two kittens?

Into Asterix, back garden in Mom's camp chair, apple in hand. Looks like the gap of no bottom teeth does not make a difference?

Mom's nemesis... dishes!
Wish us luck for Saturday morning's Sixth Birthday Party event!  Details to follow with evidence attached. Sneak preview: it's a BIRD party this year...

No comments: