Solveig came down to CT for the weekend and it was SO good to catch up with her. My first ever room-mate - we laughed a lot and surprisingly did not stay up past 12pm. She reckons it's the Cape air which did her in as Solveig is the ultimate late night owl (barring my mom-in-law)! A lovely walk from Constantia Neck on Saturday, then mad pancakes and waffles with our crazy CT friends on Sunday morning, and finally a gentle wander along Llandudno beach on Sunday afternoon to round off a really nice weekend. No DIY or other strenuous stuff in sight! (Pics when I get some from Solveig).
We also met up with Dave and Des who decided to run away from Gauteng: this resulted in lots of repairs to Dave's landrover Rosy. They're planning a trip up through Africa, leaving on June 30. There's a huge amount of prep to do, but the prospect of adventuring for 6 months is definitely appealing!
And I had my first Mother's Day on Sunday too - with a large parcel from Adam on behalf of the Bump. A beautiful cotton jersey to get me through the next few weeks of pregnancy, and a lovely quilted vest for post-Bump. Solveig also bought me a block of my favourite cheese - Dutch Leyden with cumin. Oh yum!
My Mum arrived yesterday for a few days. She came to this morning's scan with me and met my doctor. Bump is 2.1kg now, and I am borrowing Adam's belt to hold up my borrowed preggie pants. All shows ok on the scan, and to re-emphasise his/her presence, Bump has been wiggling all day. I can see my tum moving and stretching right now. Crikey! Anyway, Mum enjoyed the scan, and Caro showed off Bump's hands and feet and profile with lots of laughs. We even checked out whether Bump has hair or not (yes, there is some fuzzy stuff there).
I'm not sure what Mum is going to get up to while we are at work on Thursday and Friday, but I am hoping she might sew the curtains for the nursery :) as my sewing is rather "challenged" at the best of times. I'll keep you updated as to what materialises... hee hee!
No comments:
Post a Comment