Monday, May 30, 2016
SuperDad Take1 - practice run for Monday
Well, I have to say that SuperDad got a great flying start this morning. And Mom (moi) got coffee in bed with rusks. All was going well (close shave, dressed, small girl up) when came the whine: "Where's my shirt?"
That derailed the process slightly, as someone had to iron Luke's school shirt, fished out of the large pile of clean washing. However, the train got back on track quickly with SuperDad's ExtremeList written on the white board. Chugging along until the next question which was: "Where's my tracksuit top? I am NOT wearing my jersey."
Mom explained that small boy could wear a wet tracksuit top or a nice dry jersey. "I WANT my tracksuit top!" Mom explained it again. "I don't NEED to wear a jersey. I'm warm!" Mom mentioned that it is currently 12'C and foggy and cold. "I'm WARM!" Mom's personal thought was the banned word "whatever" and then "he's still snotty".
SuperDad in the meantime had fried an egg for small girl, ironed the missing shirt, explained and demonstrated a quick lesson on how to tie your school tie using a large stuffed toy as a model, done small girl's hair, got the back door open, and was heading fast for school when his cloak got caught in a missing backpack, wallet, computer and lunch. All essential on the DadList, but not on the KidList. Rewind!
Luckily tomorrow is Take2. Just 6 more days till Mom goes away for a week on work. I think by the end of PracticeWeek SuperDad might have his undies on the outside. He seriously rocks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment