Monday, May 16, 2016

It was all going so well...

Monday morning...
Serendipitous wake up call from Adam (coffee and rusks). Tick.
Jessica leapt out of bed before 6.30 and said "Can I get dressed now?". (!!) Tick.
Adam got his quiet time in. Tick.
Luke had his tea and ruskies. Tick.
Fried egg breakfast happiness. Tick.
Kids helping unpack the dishwasher without arguing. Tick.
(They are under threat of washing dishes by hand for two weeks actually.)
Bags packed the night before and at the front door. Tick.
I had my shower and got dressed. Tick.
Mom gets to kitchen to make sarmies. Tick.

"Jessica, can I do your hair?" Shout, grump, holler, grump grump. Lost hairclips.
"Where's my tie?"
"Have you brushed your teeth?"
"Mommmm, I have to take my shoes off." (Without undoing the buckle, naturally.)
"Where's my sport bag?"
"Guys, we have to go. We're going to miss the bell."
"Luke, put your socks and shoes on!"
"Where's my tie?"
"I don't know!" irritated small girl
"Jessica had it"anguished small boy
"Didn't!"
"Did."
"Mom, where's my tie?"
Scrabble scrabble through the washing.
"Adam, help. We need Luke's tie and I can't find it!"
"Guys, we have to go. We're going to miss the bell."
"Adam..."
"Have you looked..."
"Yes, not there."
"And..."
"I can't put my socks on!"
"Get in the car everyone!"
"Luke.,. you just have to go without a tie!"
"Mooooooom."
"Got it, get in the car everyone!"
"Where?"
"Jessica's desk!"
"Told you Jessica had it!"
"Guys, we have to go. We're going to miss the bell."
"But I haven't got my shoes on!"
"Put them on in the car."
"Mom, can you help me get my tie straight?"
"Do it in the car."
"Bye!"
"BYE!"

Sudden silence. Walk back into the house to the chaos of the kitchen. Uh oh. Adam left his lunch.

Guess that's why they call it a manic Monday?

Add to that my attempt to tidy the study up to find some workspace, and plugging in the old laptop to see sparks flying out the extension. Boom. Now working off a new extension cord, although the desk is much neater. Going to have to 'fess up to it and hope nothing is permanently fried. At least the router appears to have survived!

No comments: