Monday, May 09, 2016

Mother's day - so loved!

I was so blessed to wake up (after an interesting night that involved one of the annual Cape Town thunderstorms, Jessica in our bed, Jessica commenting on lightning and thunder, Jessica out of our bed, Jessica reading at 2.30am, the cat attacking a magazine, the cat chasing roaches - ick - and the house alarm going off) to find these really thoughtful gifts from my amazing family. 


Jessica's rock is wildly purple and gorgeous, Luke made me a card and a detailed bookmark and found a heart for me (I think shoplifted off the floor of PnP!) and Adam found me a Home mag and a lovely scrapbook kit. As I said, spoilt! My favourite bits of the day were the cuddles and hugs though!

Burgers for lunch with yums all round, then an afternoon nap which was sublime, then a chance to read my mag and get into my paint clothes to tackle a project that has been waiting for two weeks.

Before
After
There's still a hint of red, but I love working with Annie Sloan chalk paint.   Thanks to my nearest and definitely dearest for spoiling me lots. Love you guys!

No comments: