It has been a long time since I blogged. Many things have happened. I shall list but a few here...
My “owner” reversed over me, forgetting to inform me that when the car makes a grumbly sound, it means it will move. I limped to the courtyard and gave her The Look of Doom. She promptly incarcerated me in a cage and took me to preschool, and then to a animal hospital where I had to waste precious hours sleeping until the Doctor examined me. My owner then abandoned me to x-rays and hospital food for three days. I am not impressed. Angel will think that she owns the house again. Sigh. Thankfully I am unscathed.
Life was a bit quieter after my release, but then they had the temerity to go on holiday two weeks ago and put us in what they call Kitty Hotel. The food was acceptable, and there was a reasonable patch of sun, but really. We didn’t have a view of The Mountain. I pretended I was not ecstatic to see them when they returned, with a car covered in dust, plants from the Karoo and the delicious smell of biltong (alas, beyond my reach).
Routine has returned, with the sad addition of our banishment from the house at night. It seems that Mrs F does not enjoy my playfulness after she has climbed into bed to sleep, and that Luke was sweating after I lovingly draped myself across his limber body as a sign of affection. It may be that the loud thump Angel makes - when she launches herself off the bed at 3am to check the food bowl for wet food, alack, forlorn hope - was irritating. Or maybe it was my fascination with the red light that comes on when I dance elegantly in the lounge at 4am? The siren that followed is strangely baffling.
However, I have full access to my favourite couch during the day, and there are some excellent sunny spots in the courtyard. My sibling kitten is behaving and does not leap on me too often now. I just need to make sure that I still fit through the gate... for some reason my tummy is sticking, and it is most undignified to have to stretch so much in front of my adoring household.
Purrr.
No comments:
Post a Comment