Dear Jessica and Lukey
Do you know just how much I really love you? How I love to hear your soft breathing (er, snoring!) at night when I walk in to check that you are ok for the night. I lean over and kiss you softly and smooth back the hair from your foreheads, and whisper "I love you" to you both. Then I cover you and head for my bed, where I can still somehow, as the room is not that close, hear you breathing all night.
Jessica, you are growing up too quickly! You are so beautiful. So perfectly made with your father's great legs and bum, and a beautiful body. I love your curls that escape, and stick up all over the place in the morning. They are like fine spun gold in the early morning light and the tendrils cling to my fingers softly. Your narrow little feet, and the way you love to dance and how you tell stories SO earnestly. I can't believe that you are three and a half, not long until you turn four. Your emotions are all over the place and all you crave is our attention: "Mama, look at me!" We had a great afternoon this week lying on the couch and looking at clouds and playing "I spy". You enjoy painting and all things to do with aeroplanes and I wonder if you will become a pilot as you love Kulula Boeings so much! Oh, and you are book-mad, something that we share! After bathtime Daddy rolls you up in a yellow towel and you pretend you are a beautiful butterfly, flapping all the way down the passage to the bedroom. You love dresses and insist on a dress each morning.
Lukey, or Lukey-Pookey as your sister called you the other day, you are a delight. You love cuddles and you have a naughty smile that rivals all others. The widest smile I have ever seen. In the mornings I hear the patter of your feet on the floor and roll over to find you standing seriously on my side of the bed with Huggabear firmly under your arm, dummy in place. Some days I could wish you'd wake a little later, but I help you up and then we snuggle until you decide that it is Milky Time. Followed shortly by a firm "Rusk!" My coffee is no longer my own as it has lurkules in it from your dipping. Your legs are finally long enough to reach the ground on your black bike: it has become a prized possession. And your blue gumboots are worn at every opportunity, much to the danger of my unwary bare toes. I have to stifle cries of agony when you trample them! You drive me nuts when you won't eat my meals. And make me laugh when you drop everything to run to the couch at the promise of vid-e-rows. "Yay!"
You are both so precious to me. I don't know what the future holds, but I'll grab the chance to tell you today how much I love you and how proud I am of you both and who you are. I pray that you will always know that you are loved by your dad and I, and your Heavenly Father. That you would know the height and depth and breadth of His love for you, and that this would be the foundation of your lives. This would be the greatest gift I could give you.
Your mama / mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment