Monday, July 02, 2007

39 weeks and The Waiting Game

Your baby continues to gain weight, even up to the last week or two of pregnancy. It doesn't have much room to move inside your uterus. At this point, all the organ systems are developed and in place. The last organ to mature is the lungs.

I'm doing well, just feeling rather large and finding it difficult to bend over. There's too much tum in the way nowadays. Bump is very active which is good, but rather startling at times when a stray knee boxes my ribs. My last checkup was on Thursday last week and my placenta is still doing it's thing, there's lots of amniotic fluid and Bump had put on 3.2kg in total. Bump had not engaged yet, but with a growth spurt of 200g per week, there's definitely increasing pressure in my nether regions :)

I laid out Bump's clothes in the compactum last week, and have discovered that Bump's carpet needs cleaning, so we have everything shoved in the spare room until I can get the carpets done. Luckily there is not lots to do now: just make up the cot, move the spare bed and the rocking chair in. The curtains are up, the cupboards neatly stacked, and several packets of nappies are waiting. I'm sure there is something I've forgotten...

I had an interesting start to the morning today, when I woke up to a very sore lower tum. Rolling over in bed was aina. It seems to have worn off though, so I'm guessing that this was an arbitrary moment of pregnancy side effects, and not the start of labour (which I was wondering about with Adam sneezing beside me).

My cool hubbie has flu, and is working despite feeling grim, just so that he can take time off when Bump is home. I've loaded him with naartjes, Sinutab, Viral Choice, vitamins and whatever else I can think of. We've both had words with Bump about arriving after Adam is better.

>> Adam in action helping to sew curtains

No comments: