Mum and Dad flew down on Saturday and we enjoyed some good relaxing time out with them. On the way home from the airport we stopped at Hout Bay harbour for fish and chips at Fish on the Rocks, a cafe at the end of the pier where you get the scrummiest fresh fish and chips, accompanied by the raucous cries of flocks of hopeful swooping seagulls. Then it was home for tea and lemon meringue pie (I had the urge to do some baking), and then on to movies in the evening.
Shrek 3 was most enjoyable - I noticed Adam chuckling at Shrek's reaction to Fiona's announcement that she was pregnant :). Of course, my friends at church all made comments when we walked in on Sunday morning with no baby in tow. Adam reckons it's on Feldman time but I don't think Feldman time is meant to be THAT LATE!
However, we were treated to lunch at the Olympia Cafe after church, which is something that probably would not have happened if Bump was out already... delectable food as always. It's been so good to have Mum and Dad here, and to feel like we are on holiday too.
However, we were treated to lunch at the Olympia Cafe after church, which is something that probably would not have happened if Bump was out already... delectable food as always. It's been so good to have Mum and Dad here, and to feel like we are on holiday too. Adam and I ended the weekend with a walk up through Bergvliet and discovered Dreyersdal farm, a typical Cape Dutch layout and beautiful white buildings in the softening twilight, ringed by the Constantia valley. Mmm, what a lovely place to live!
PS: Hmm - perhaps I should start considering the castor oil later this week. Long walks and curry don't work for hurrying babies along, and aromatherapy oils gave me a headache on Wednesday! Even some red wine on Thursday didn't get anything going. On the other hand, I could get used to this rather luxurious lifestyle of being home :)
No comments:
Post a Comment