Well, it's been a wonderful week. Jen and baby Anna came down from Jhb for a visit last Wednesday, and after a dash from airport-home-collect Adam-home cell, I walked in to Gus and El's home to be greeted by cries of "Surprise!" Adam promptly kissed me and departed with the guys, while I wiped away a few tears (yes, those hormones are kicking in lots). It was a total surprise - for suspicious me!
Cherelle made scrumptious butternut soup, and all the girls sat down to candlelight to catch up. Louise organised some games that had us all laughing. Plates on head and trying to draw pictures of the baby on the plate, then from the plates working out which one looked most like Adam, the baby, which one I would take home! Charades, but the girls acted them out for me and I had to guess what they were doing. And interspersed, slips of paper that asked each girl to tell me something of their childhood and parents that was precious.
Liza, Clare, Els, Cherelle, Joanne, Jen, Nikki, Carla, Chrissie, Louise and Mandy really spoilt Bump. I now have a lovely play donut, hooded towels, bibs, creams, and a baby seat in Shrek green (how cool). Jenni brought a baby bag too which I thought was Anna's! Sneaky child!
Adam and I took Thursday off, Adam to climb and I spent the day with Jen and Anna. Anna was most well-behaved, and tried her first fish and chips in Hout Bay. She slept through Chapman's Peak, and then visited the beach in the afternoon which she loved. Picture a blonde 8-month old tasting lots of sand with a surprised face. Cute!
On Saturday we went to the Aquarium where, amongst other lovely fish, I found a worm that can generate 7 litres of goop/jelly/slime if surprised. Hmm. Mike and Gill joined us, and we all enjoyed our wander past the shark tank (Jen and Anna on the left) and Adam's favourite, the kelp forest (pictured on the right).
Cherelle made scrumptious butternut soup, and all the girls sat down to candlelight to catch up. Louise organised some games that had us all laughing. Plates on head and trying to draw pictures of the baby on the plate, then from the plates working out which one looked most like Adam, the baby, which one I would take home! Charades, but the girls acted them out for me and I had to guess what they were doing. And interspersed, slips of paper that asked each girl to tell me something of their childhood and parents that was precious.
Liza, Clare, Els, Cherelle, Joanne, Jen, Nikki, Carla, Chrissie, Louise and Mandy really spoilt Bump. I now have a lovely play donut, hooded towels, bibs, creams, and a baby seat in Shrek green (how cool). Jenni brought a baby bag too which I thought was Anna's! Sneaky child!
Adam and I took Thursday off, Adam to climb and I spent the day with Jen and Anna. Anna was most well-behaved, and tried her first fish and chips in Hout Bay. She slept through Chapman's Peak, and then visited the beach in the afternoon which she loved. Picture a blonde 8-month old tasting lots of sand with a surprised face. Cute!
A yummy lunch sorted out the hunger pangs before Mike and Adam went climbing, and the girls settled in for a chat. In the evening we went to Gareth's 30th birthday party, and got up early on Sunday to drop Jen and Anna at the airport (Geoffrey waiting anxiously on the other side for his wife).
Now it's the final countdown. Just 4-odd weeks to go, some painting and cupboard doors to put into the baby's room. I guess that I had better pack a hospital bag sometime soon! Lying in in the mornings is a treat, and listening to the rain on the roof is wonderful, despite a leak or two. We even had a thunderstorm to rival Jhb, complete with lightning.
I'm savouring every moment of the now. Life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment