Monday, July 11, 2016

STAR WARS...

This morning I feel like I am walking through a STAR WARS frontier planet. As my dressing gown swirls behind me and the Phantom Menace (aka small black cat) leaps out to pounce at my trailing belt, there really should be some dum dum de dum music blaring. I'm missing my light sabre, but would that be the dishwashing liquid (green)? Whatever. The force is strong with me as I blitz the dishwasher, washing, counters, kitchen and bedroom. Unfortunately the vacuuming and mop await (definitely the dark side of the force today).

Well, family update. We all got inked yesterday at voting. Kids helped to drop the ballots in the boxes and we got to meet Garfield, resident ginger cat at the primary school we voted at. I think he is even larger than the resident ginger cat at our school (which is saying something). Definitely, including fur, well over 8 kg. Seems like this Garfield also rules that school. Our school cat interviews parents, and makes a courtesy appearance at most of the functions at the school. Strolls across netball courts in full play. You get the picture. Don't mess with the cat.

Best friend Emma turned 9. Young beanpole daughter had one of her t-tube grommets out and so far all seems ok (thank the Lord!). She says everything is a bit loud in that ear now. Fab! Small boy Luke has finished his cross country races for the term and wants to be brown because brown people run so much faster. Like Kumani. Who decided to try cross country for the first time and came in 8th out of 100 small boys. Luke came in 23rd and was a bit bleak.

Mum (aka Jedi Leia) had enough of food complaints and made the family eat mexican food for a week. It turned out to be a hit, especially for mom and dad. Small children who wouldn't try the new stuff ate a lot of apples. Many thanks to the apple farmers of the Western Cape.

Hugga Bear is installed on Luke's bed with the finally completed book of PnP animals. It appears that Hugga Bear is reading all about fiercest or deadliest or whatever the green colour animal is.

Actually, perhaps today should be ICE AGE day, not STAR WARS? Found these posters at the local Ster Kinekor and wrestled them home despite my flu and hacking cough. Luke thrilled! Super cool room decor (pardon the pun).



I think I might feel like Scratch right now. Trying to keep my hands on the nut (ball) today...

No comments: