In the mornings I'll often hop onto Facebook to catch up on family news and get a head start on the pages that I manage for several clients. Just for a few minutes.
Mr Luke dives into the bed for a quick cuddle as soon as he wakes up (which is often before the alarm!) and then he follows the Pied Piper into the kitchen to Holy Grail (which contains his tea) and the Sacred Table (on which his ruskies lie unsuspecting of their imminent demise). Then there is the gallop of small feet down the passage and I prepare myself for his catapult back into bed ("mind the coffeeeeee!") and the small fingers trying to tap every post to see more of what I am reading. "Mommy, what's that?" "Awwww. Cute!" and "Hey, go back up Mommy!"
However, I digress.
Cousin Helen posted some cute pics of the cousins - and here's gorgeous Rosie meeting a tortoise. And the commentary in our bed went like this...
Me: Look Luke, here's your cousin.
Luke: A TORTOISE! (in shocked accents)
Me: No, banana head, the little girl.
Luke: Ohhhhh. (not sounding much impressed)
Me: Luke!
Luke: I thought you meant the tortoise. (angelic naughty grin)
Apparently the youngest kids are the clowns of the family. I would agree!

No comments:
Post a Comment