- Working late means no small people to interrupt my desperate deadlines.
- The internet's speed seems to be inversely proportional to how late I work. Later = slower.
- If I plan ahead, Eskom will load-shed. Therefore, I must only make the decision to work late at the last minute.
- If I work late, I will get a head start on tomorrow's list. Proven!
However:
- Working at night means I'm missing out on hours of sleep.
- The moment I get into bed and sink into my pillow, a small girl will make plaintive noises and request water. At 12.15am. Sigh. Get out of bed back into freezing cold, find water bottle, fill bottle, deliver to small girl, tuck her in and kiss her goodnight. Stumble back to bed. Wrap cold self round warm husband.
- The later I work, the more often my kids will have bad dreams in the early am hours - witness Luke's arrival at my bedside at 5.20am this morning.
- Waking up after going to bed at 12.30 the night before is rather hard. I must be out of my 20s!
- A husband who brings me coffee, while the the lights are still off, rocks! Coffee first, then lights. What a man!
- When you are mildly sleep-deprived, you can make up great songs to get small girls out of bed!
JESSICA'S SONG
Doh, a deer, a free male deer
Ray, the sun that has not come
Me, You, it's time to get up
Far, the distance to the door
So, so so so so colddddddd
Late, it's what we're going to be
Tea, forget it, I need coffee
And that will get us up to GO GO GO GO GO!
GO!
Did you know, Cape Town is still really dark at 7am after everyone has left for school on a Tuesday am? The temptation to get back into bed is huge. But then, that would negate the hours I scored last night. Hmph!
#NeedMoreCoffee
No comments:
Post a Comment