And we nearly drove off the road on the way home. There are some similarities between that night and this. Ok, we're not in the Magaliesberg, but in the Cape, but there are mountains all around. Supper was not that memorable then either. Dessert was good in both cases.
More family around this time too... J & C visiting. One small girl who WOULD NOT go to sleep. But then, I think we got home really late on that night too. I have a feeling I fell asleep in the car on the way back from the mountains :) Some things never change.
But babe, I love you more now. Especially in the silence of our home as we get ready for bed. Small boys taken to the loo. Little girls tucked in at last. Dishes washed. Footsteps down the passage as I unromantically finish off some work for a worthy client.
Hooray! A smile and a hand to hold. A bed to share. Quiet laughter in the noise. This one and only life to live together. I am a blessed woman.

No comments:
Post a Comment