Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ahhhhhh

How is it that all saintliness and motherliness can go out the window in an instant? My personal desire to be more like Christ means that this is an even greater challenge to me.

But flagrant disobedience and screaming at or hitting (!!) - yes, saintly Luke came up to me and hit me really hard just now when I told him it was bedtime - can strip the patience from my soul so very quickly. Fingers in ears... lalalalalala. Count to twenty (ten is not enough, 100 might be better). Chant things like "I am the adult, I am the adult, I am the adult".

Who KNEW that a small person less than a metre high could yank my chain so hard?

Then Jessica who was allowed to go to bed on her floor on a camping mattress tonight PROVIDED she stayed on the mattress was found sitting ripping up sheets of paper. So, privilege revoked and back into real bed. Screams. My room, I can do what I want in my room! Sigh.

I have to admit I poured a glass of red wine to help my internal whine!

Silence from the small girl (for how long). The small boy did apologise and kiss me tonight and say thank you for mommies and daddies in his prayers though.

Fire-breathing mommies. I have rescued people off mountains, travelled the world, prayed for sick people and seen them healed, worked in corporates.... and somehow this is my greatest challenge. Not dangling from a 100m rope under a helicopter, or scaling some wall. Scaling the walls of my children's hearts.

God, help me. And those other mommies out there. Shew, this is not easy.

No comments: