Kids are growing fast, and playing lots of imaginative games. Jessica is a ringleader of note, but her brother does follow her with aplomb into various adventures. The most notable recently was pretending they were ducks and taking half a loaf of bread into their bedroom, and feeding each other and all the toys too. Picture a carpet of breadcrumbs and crusts! Monica was only too glad to be leaving right then. (I think I would have liked to leave too).
I also discovered that my small and creative daughter has been influenced significantly by Asterix. She took a lot of persuading that pirate boats do float - apparently "NO mummy, they SINK! They can't float!" Whose influence is that on Sunday afternoons?
Luke got a matchbox-style "mo-bike" when we did the weekly shop today. So it was only R8 and it is strictly for kids over the age of 3, but the look of delight and the brrmmm sounds kept me (and several shoppers) entertained through the rest of PnP and Woollies. I did get one or two strange looks from the "Constantia, doll" tannies, but the majority walked by with appreciative grins.
Did I ever mention the day Luke wanted to run so we jogged through the local mall? NOT at all the thing to do, I realised belatedly, but it was lots of fun to race my small boy... great way to blow off steam when it's rainy out!
Cape Union Mart shudders when we come near. Luke aims for the window displays, then enjoys checking out the change rooms. I have to stop him licking the mirrors. Sighhhhhhhhhhhh.
Final family news?
1. Now the proud owners of a ladder on the weekend.
2. I have done no exercise bar one run since Bootcamp. I foresee myself having to sign up again soon! The best of intentions seem to have fled without a friend waiting for me to collect her en route. If you were impressed with my commitment before, weep now!
3. It seems that Jessica's sole aim for going to school is to see her best friend Emma. They meet and embrace, walk hand-in-hand, can be influenced to wear leggings if they think the other one will like the leggings (it's true, Emma's mom got her into leggings today using peer pressure)
Here's a pic of Emma and Jessica at a birthday party the other Saturday.
And one of a goose from Kirstenbosch the other day - I'm loving my iPhone and it's apps! Wow, what lovely technology. I took 800 pics in the first month but am starting to be more selective now. Although I just found a new app to make photos into cartoons. All my frustrated genius is now able to create - I simply can't do Photoshop but this stuff is so simple to use.
Ciao. Best I head bedwards to Adam (no doubt in his down jacket patiently waiting, iPad in hand).
No comments:
Post a Comment