Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Of first swimming lessons and countertops

Luke had his first swimming lesson this morning. He loves water but was a bit overwhelmed by SO MUCH water. Even standing in waist deep water on the step had him pondering it all quite seriously. He nabbed a Nemo ball as it floated by, and then pondered some more whilst sucking on the ball. After a while I carried him in with me and showed him the splash potential. Now THAT was a hit! And then we did some bouncing on the step - also popular - and some singing activities which he observed out of big blue eyes. All in all, acceptable!

When I brought him home he just passed out! Too much excitement for one small boy!

Quick development update: He is now stringing words together for two and three word sentences. Running everywhere and his legs are finally long enough to get onto the green ride-on train. Still not tall enough for a black bike though :)

Jessica looks like she's getting flu (sigh) but otherwise comprehension etc is growing exponentially. I find her challenging - all the emotions and the desperate need for ALL my attention and time.

Final thought for the morning before I start in on the 4 baskets of dirty laundry: Keeping small kids busy is hard work! And if I leave them for a second then they are standing on counters digging in cupboards, or getting into some or other mischief. Like trying to light fires with her books in her room. Or tipping the water out of his humidifier all over his carpet. Etc.

No comments: