Sunday, January 20, 2008

First toof!

Today, while sitting in church, I discovered a new tooth in Jessica's mouth! You may wonder what my finger was doing in Jessica's mouth during the service, but chomping on a finger does wonders for volume control at crucial moments. With great excitement we tried to pry her gums apart to admire the sharp spot, and after getting thoroughly drooled on, were treated to a quick glimpse of a white bump on the bottom right (her bottom left).

I must admit that this tooth has pushed out mixed feelings in me. My little little person is now not so little any more. Gummy smiles will soon be toofy smiles. Sniff sniff! I guess I am just thankful that it did not hurt her.

No matter what, this little girl will grow up day by day. It's a real lesson in trusting God to hold and protect her (He did give her life), and learning to live in and enjoy each moment, because the moment will soon be gone. I'm trying to memorise as many as I can.

Goodnight, I'm off to stand next to her cot, whisper "I love you", stroke her nose and watch her asleep next to her fluffy blue soft donkey...

No comments: