So the discussion went something like this.
Mom: Ok. What book character do you want to go as.
Luke: I don't know.
Mom: What about Asterix?
Luke: No.
Mom: Obelix?
Luke: Mooooommmm!
Mom (inspired!): Calvin! And you even have a stuffed tiger that can be Hobbes!
Jessica: That's so cool!
Luke: NO!
Mom: But Luke, all we need to do is ruffle up your hair, put on your stripy shirt and you can be Calvin!
Luke: NO! You can't make my hair stick up.
Mom: Um, who do you want to be?
Luke: I want to be Hobbs.
Mom (seeing where this is going): Mmm...
Luke: And Mom, you can make me a Hobbes onesie!
Mom: Of course. Sort of like Jessica's dragon onesie?
Luke (triumphant): YES!
Mom (sigh, thinking of nights of sewing, my limited sewing skills, and trying to find leopard print fleece): OK.
BONUS!!! I walked into Pick 'n Pay on Saturday morning to draw some money, asked if they had onesies and was directed (not with any enthusiasm) to the outside rack for the leftovers. And lo! A tiger onesie size 7-8. Done deal! Happiness all round. That was definitely easier than I expected :)
PS: I will disinherit any and all friends and family that tell Luke that Hobbes has a white tummy and face.

No comments:
Post a Comment