The hospital was quiet this morning apart from a misbehaving bed on the way to theatre... It had the intent of gouging all walls and any unsuspecting nurses on the way up. Jessica sat wide-eyed as it cavorted about. I think I need to keep her away from "anything" with wheels!
We wheeled past Obstetrics and I showed her where she was born. A nice anaethetist chatted to us and is now buying his small son a chin guard and helmet to go with his birthday present on Friday.
Jessica took the anaesthetic quite well, not too much struggling. How I hate walking out of Theatre and leaving her there. I would rather observe quietly in the corner and learn and see what is happening. Dr A (the surgeon) was great though and walked me out explaining all the ins and outs of what he was going to do. Pardon the pun!
I got Jessica back about 2 hours later with a neat strip across her chin. Thank the Lord my friend Cath was in Paediatrics with her boy; we got to have coffee and spend some mommy time sharing and praying together. It all helps when your bottom lip starts wobbling, and mine definitely was at 9am when I walked away to wait for my girl.
The bed was anchored firmly back in the ward and the only gremlin was the up and down button (small girl rather enjoyed making her bed pay penance!). A rather quick wake up and recovery... the said small girl made the most of hospital videos, cornflakes, cupcakes and strawberry milkshakes. We left laden with bravery certificates and hospital colouring in packs and rather a skip. Whew.
Captain Lynette had Luke in tow, so we all had a quick lunch together before coming home and timing out. Yeah, the week has started!
No comments:
Post a Comment