Friday, June 22, 2012

In the grand scheme of things

I am sure, no, I am ABSOLUTELY positively sure, that one day, that I will never regret that I did not watch more rugby (unless it was to be with my nearest and dearest), and that I had no TV. I will never regret not living my life vicariously through some soapie or a succession of movies. I will never regret not watching more News bulletins.

I will regret doing dishes at the expense of spending time with my children, or reading a book instead of chatting to my husband.

I already regret the many conversations that I have missed because people I love dearly will not connect with me, because they are watching the news, or rugby, or a soapie.

To those who value people more than information or TV or sports - you're the bright lights of my week.


No comments: