To the tune of "Rocking around the Christmas tree":
Blogging towards the Christmas tree
Typing away as the days simply flee
I can't believe that it's happened to me
Christmas is coming and where are we?
To the tune of Jingle Bells:
Busy kids, busy wife, busy hubbie too
It' s been a year of challenge and fun
And lots to see and do
It' s been a year of challenge and fun
And lots to see and do
We're dashing to the end
On a plane to Jo'burg soon
How much fun it's been
To live in 2-oh-oh-seven
Oh - Jingle bells, Jingle bells
It's rocking all the way
Christmas is come
And we're almost done
07's gone to play
Baviaans, Montagu and Eikenhof Dam were cool
Good good friends, lots of sun,
A Jessica to join us too
Adam's on the couch
Jessica's eating his mag
What a lot of things we've done
Let's wave a happy flag!
I guess you can't just say it in songs, so here are some Christmas pics too. I still have to set up Jessica WITH mom and dad but I had a lot of fun doing these pics of here (and I think she enjoyed them too):
Then we tried out the packet thing, but it seemed to end up with rather a soggy label too :)
Hmm: quick summary of what's been happening. I have work for Jan and Feb, and did a week's worth of work for a client over Nov/Dec which is great for the bank! Home cell has finally ended for the year and in more than one way too, as the group grew quite large. We'll be starting off again in mid-Jan as two groups, and Adam and I are leading one of the groups. We had a social last night with the friends to celebrate a good year and launch the groups into a new year.
Adam is still busy at work and enjoying it. There has been a bit of an Exodus from the company tho'. We are keeping in touch with all the friends and had a Christmas dinner to celebrate our friendships on Sunday last week: 17 people, 1 gammon and 1 turkey and piles of ice cream, salad and goofy gifts made it a meal to remember and laugh about. We may make it to Christmas carols at Kirstenbosch this week too which will be nice. Hooray for long weekends!
Plans are to head to the parents in Jhb for Christmas (yes, Jessica gets to fly and we get to be the people with the hopefully well-behaved little person on the flight, I dread the thought of bad nappies and her yelling, but how likely is it??) The little cousins will get to meet each other at last and of course, my brother and his wife have not met Jessica yet so we are all quite excited to meet each other's kiddies. Not sure how we will wander between parents though as Jessica switches off around 7pm each night :) but I am sure that she will fall asleep anywhere. And I hope we get at least one storm while we are there. I do miss the thunder and lightning! I think I have Christmas shopping under control. Adam only has one item on his gift list so I am starting to get the "go-overboard-and-create-a-list-for-him" urge, especially after seeing the new IPOD. Very nice!
Anyway, time to get back to those policies that I have to hand in tomorrow.
From the Feldmans - Merry Christmas and lots of love to you. Have a blessed break!









1 comment:
Hey you. Great seeing you today. Loved reading your blog. First Xmas with the little Jess...so exciting!
Love Sarah B
Post a Comment